What you should do
In case of a water event immediate action is critical. Ensure the safety of all people and pets within your home or place of business.
- Stop the water; turn off the main water supply, if necessary
- At the electrical panel, turn off power to the impacted areas
- Remove electronics or other valuables
- Perform water extraction/drying
- If the quantity of water is more than you are comfortable handling, contact Ensign Building Solutions immediately
- In the case of an insurance claim, take a written inventory of damaged items
Water damage can be hazardous to your health and dangerous for your home or business. Immediate action is key in a water damage situation. Your home or business and its contents are less likely to grow mold if they are dried within 48-72 hours; therefore, time is of the essence when a water incident occurs. If treated quickly, you can minimize the damage, reduce restoration costs and prevent the growth of mold and other contamination.